This article talk about Information about all sort of vaccine .
Fiona Godlee says “Few can doubt that we need a vaccine for covid-19 as soon as possible…
Why do we need a vaccine?
The vast majority of people are still vulnerable to coronavirus. It’s only the current restrictions that are preventing more people from dying.
A vaccine would teach our bodies to fight the infection by stopping us from catching coronavirus, or at least making Covid less deadly.
Having a vaccine, alongside better treatments, is “the” exit strategy.
- The big breakthrough came when Pfizer/BioNTech published its first results in November.
- They showed the vaccine is up to 95% effective
- The UK is due to get 40 million doses
- It is given in two doses, three weeks apart
- About 43,000 people have had the vaccine, with no safety concerns
- The vaccine must be stored at a temperature of around -70C. It will be transported in a special box, packed in dry ice and installed with GPS trackers.
What still needs to be done?
- Trials must show vaccines are safe
- Huge-scale development must happen for the billions of potential doses
- Regulators must approve the vaccine before it can be given
- Researchers still need to find out how long any protection may last
It is thought that 60-70% of the global population must be immune to stop the virus spreading easily (herd immunity) – billions of people, even if the vaccine works perfectly.
Article by Mohammed Khalid , Debt Collector, Babylon Medical Services LLC